MeowMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MeowMS

Holy shit.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Special treat for anyone still lurking here four years after this server died. I un-hid all of the old posts and such for nostalgia purposes. Have fun.

GM Debate

Go down 
+7
Element
Trick
Ev0lutionboy
Piie
Gypsyleeboy
Brass
christofer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
Piie

Character : Piie

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:31 am

Alright, Let's just put it this way.
Cory is going to choose the GM team. Whether you guys like the GM's or not.
So you can whine , bitch , hate and what not. But his GM team will do a fine job at keeping this server
Hacker free, Fun, Active, & etc. Alright? Is that good enough for you guys about this whole GM Debate thing.
Back to top Go down
christofer
GM
GM
christofer

Character : YUMMEH
Guild : Admin

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:45 am

I think I was actually trying to make a point to Cory, it's not some kind of mystery why the GMs never work. Easily fixable, blah blah blah. I'm wondering why you haven't replied yet though Sad You split the topic, and ignore the contents?!?

Last edited by christofer on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brass
GM
GM
Brass

Character : Brass
Guild : PastSucks

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:51 am

yeh, it's no mystery cuz the GM team is always the same bad people pirat
Back to top Go down
Element
Horntail
Horntail

Character : n/a

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 am

There are multiple things that I want to quote and reply to, but instead, I'll just say it all in one big post. Yes, I agree Piie, we as GMs were WAY to social, and most of us, including myself put that in front of what our actual jobs were. That was, to help people. Now, don't get me wrong, the GM crew all had their own faults, but when it came to dealing with a hacker, or an actual problem, we worked well together. Most of that was taken care of in the "GM" map.

Now, that's what players don't understand. Most of the banning, dealing with problems and such, is done either off the game, or it's done where no one else can see it. This leads to my next point, there should not be a GM wipe. From the current GM staff, from the begging of this server, to the last season, we're all good at our jobs. I think with these passed years where we've become more 'mature', not only will we preform better, but we also have one thing many players do not have. What is that? Experience. Simple, yet oh so desirable from a PS Owner's point of view. Experience is a big part of being a GM, it doesn't just come down to knowing the commands, it comes down to knowing how to deal with certain situations, especially ones that may lead to drama.

We as GM's, Piie, myself, Chris, Rachel, and all the other GM's we've had over the passed know how to deal with drama, at least now we do. How can I say this with as much confidence as I am? We've all aged, and hell, we're probably all older than most of the players that played this server. Another thing I'm sure of is that we're all around the same age, therefore we probably share the same real life problems, and real life predicaments, which gives us all a common point. This common point will most likely bring us all together so that we work as a team, and do not fight with each other, like we all did in the passed.

'Nuff said.

Secret EDIT: Brass, let it be, there's no sense arguing over shit over a fucking message board.
-Element
Back to top Go down
christofer
GM
GM
christofer

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:11 am

Element wrote:
There are multiple things that I want to quote and reply to, but instead, I'll just say it all in one big post. Yes, I agree Piie, we as GMs were WAY to social, and most of us, including myself put that in front of what our actual jobs were. That was, to help people. Now, don't get me wrong, the GM crew all had their own faults, but when it came to dealing with a hacker, or an actual problem, we worked well together. Most of that was taken care of in the "GM" map.

Now, that's what players don't understand. Most of the banning, dealing with problems and such, is done either off the game, or it's done where no one else can see it. This leads to my next point, there should not be a GM wipe. From the current GM staff, from the begging of this server, to the last season, we're all good at our jobs. I think with these passed years where we've become more 'mature', not only will we preform better, but we also have one thing many players do not have. What is that? Experience. Simple, yet oh so desirable from a PS Owner's point of view. Experience is a big part of being a GM, it doesn't just come down to knowing the commands, it comes down to knowing how to deal with certain situations, especially ones that may lead to drama.

We as GM's, Piie, myself, Chris, Rachel, and all the other GM's we've had over the passed know how to deal with drama, at least now we do. How can I say this with as much confidence as I am? We've all aged, and hell, we're probably all older than most of the players that played this server. Another thing I'm sure of is that we're all around the same age, therefore we probably share the same real life problems, and real life predicaments, which gives us all a common point. This common point will most likely bring us all together so that we work as a team, and do not fight with each other, like we all did in the passed.

'Nuff said.

Secret EDIT: Brass, let it be, there's no sense arguing over shit over a fucking message board.
-Element

One disagreement: if you're going to bring back people who have hated each other (eg. YOU AND RACHEL...) then there is obviously going to be problems pretty much no matter what. A lot of it isn't your fault. We all know (no offense to rachel) that she has always had problems cooperating with people. Point is, I don't think you can have people that don't like each other, because running an effective team anywhere is all about chemistry and cooperation and blah blah blah

and on a side note:

editting out flaming because i feel bad for ev0lutionboy
Back to top Go down
Element
Horntail
Horntail

Character : n/a

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:36 pm

christofer wrote:
Element wrote:

'Nuff said.

-Element

One disagreement: if you're going to bring back people who have hated each other (eg. YOU AND RACHEL...) then there is obviously going to be problems pretty much no matter what. A lot of it isn't your fault. We all know (no offense to rachel) that she has always had problems cooperating with people. Point is, I don't think you can have people that don't like each other, because running an effective team anywhere is all about chemistry and cooperation and blah blah blah

and on a side note:

Alright sure, but is Rachel really going to be coming back? I haven't heard much so I can't really address that. Personally, I'm willing to cater to her if thats what it takes to be cooperative.
Back to top Go down
MeowMixer
Ruined Decaying Pixels
Ruined Decaying Pixels
MeowMixer

Character : MeowMixer
Guild : FuckNexon

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:47 pm

christofer wrote:
You split the topic, and ignore the contents?!?
No, I've read everything so far.
Back to top Go down
http://meowms.no-ip.biz:2001
Brass
GM
GM
Brass

Character : Brass
Guild : PastSucks

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Element wrote:

Alright sure, but is Rachel really going to be coming back? I haven't heard much so I can't really address that. Personally, I'm willing to cater to her if thats what it takes to be cooperative.

I don't see this as a solution really
Back to top Go down
christofer
GM
GM
christofer

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 4:48 pm

Doubt she is even coming back, but I was just using her and you as an example. Carelessly selected combinations people probably wouldn't work I guess is the point.
Back to top Go down
Gypsyleeboy
SUPER FAGGOT
SUPER FAGGOT
Gypsyleeboy

Character : Gypsyleeboy
Guild : openthefuckingserver

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:57 pm

christofer wrote:
Element wrote:

'Nuff said.

-Element

and on a side note:

That's the reason why i think there should be a GM wipe Cause if GM's can't get along theres most likely Going to be drama, On the other hand I'd also say that with or without the wipe that if 2 GM's aren't getting along then they should just Shut-their-mouths-and-do-their-job.
I'd also like to comment on Elements post that all recent GM's have matured, But also went on in their lives, and no longer have interest in games. Most GM's that have played Maplestory and quit playing it Are most likely to Abuse Powers.
Point is no gm is perfect. All will make even little to big mistakes like, Banning Innocent, Flaming User/GM, Giving non-earned items, Abusing Powers, Leveling Users, And ETC.
Most GM's don't care for maplestory anymore which they will most likely Play for a about a month or so then completely lose interest like they have recently and Break GM Rules.

Some of you may agree with me on this... Also a GM may Abuse from even aggravation Toward other GM's.
I Think if there is not a "Wipe" Then we at least need to straighten out GM's and even possibly Remove expected Power abusers.

PS i had a lot better grammar and a lot more explained Post that by mistakenly got deleted from computer dieing out so i put a faster, Less explained version of the post. lol shit..

Last edited by Gypsyleeboy on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bluewaffle.net/
christofer
GM
GM
christofer

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Gypsyleeboy wrote:

That's the reason why i think there should be a GM wipe Cause if GM's can't get along theres most likely Going to be drama, On the other hand I'd also say that with or without the wipe that if 2 GM's aren't getting along then they should just Shut-their-mouths-and-do-their-job.
I'd also like to comment on Elements post that all recent GM's have matured, But also went on in their lives, and no longer have interest in games. Most GM's that have played Maplestory and quit playing it, Are most likely to Abuse Powers.
Point is no gm is perfect. All will make even little to big mistakes like, Banning Innocent, Flaming User/GM, Giving non-earned items, Abusing Powers, Leveling Users, And ETC.
Most GM's don't care for maplestory anymore which they will most likely Play for a about a month or so then completely lose interest like they have recently and Break GM Rules.

Some of you may agree with me on this... Also a GM may Abuse from even aggravation Toward other GM's.
I Think if there is not a "Wipe" Then we at least need to straighten out GM's and even possibly Remove expected Power abusers.

PS i had a lot better grammar and a lot more explained Post that by mistakenly got deleted from computer dieing out so i put a faster, Less explained version of the post. lol shit..

1. Yes, if two GMs don't get along, things dont work

2. "just shutting your mouth" is easier said than done when GMs that are supposed to be working with you keep getting in your face and doing ignorant dumb shit to not help the situation.

3. If someone wasn't interested in becoming a GM because they think they game is boring, why would they even ask to be a GM?

4. As I've stated earlier, we don't have iPod, Fang, or WickedSage, so the chances of having a GM who would abuse their powers is minuscule if not non-existent.

5. There doesn't need to be a "wipe." people that have proven themselves to be suited for the job (i.e. not only Element and myself, but obviously people will be picked if that isn't the case, such as when Brass was hired ) will probably be chosen. Simply because (in the case of Element and I) we've proven that we are a good team, can handle things correctly, have the same basic approach to how things should be done, get what needs to get done done, and can do it without arguing over ever detail. Your pushing for new GMs leads me to believe you have high ambitions about the possibility of you becoming GM Smile
Back to top Go down
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
Piie

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:51 pm

christofer wrote:
Your pushing for new GMs leads me to believe you have high ambitions about the possibility of you becoming GM Smile
That's what I think he's doing. No offense.
Back to top Go down
Gypsyleeboy
SUPER FAGGOT
SUPER FAGGOT
Gypsyleeboy

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:00 pm

christofer wrote:
Gypsyleeboy wrote:

I'd also like to comment on Elements post that all recent GM's have matured, But also went on in their lives, and no longer have interest in games. Most GM's that have played Maplestory and quit playing it, Are most likely to Abuse Powers.

1. Yes, if two GMs don't get along, things dont work

2. "just shutting your mouth" is easier said than done when GMs that are supposed to be working with you keep getting in your face and doing ignorant dumb shit to not help the situation.

3. If someone wasn't interested in becoming a GM because they think they game is boring, why would they even ask to be a GM?

4. As I've stated earlier, we don't have iPod, Fang, or WickedSage, so the chances of having a GM who would abuse their powers is minuscule if not non-existent.

5. There doesn't need to be a "wipe." people that have proven themselves to be suited for the job (i.e. not only Element and myself, but obviously people will be picked if that isn't the case, such as when Brass was hired ) will probably be chosen. Simply because (in the case of Element and I) we've proven that we are a good team, can handle things correctly, have the same basic approach to how things should be done, get what needs to get done done, and can do it without arguing over ever detail. Your pushing for new GMs leads me to believe you have high ambitions about the possibility of you becoming GM Smile

1. Agree

2. What i mean is stop fighting and do your job. If not then your probably going to be removed.

3.I was referring to present GM's or Future.

4. Once again i see your point but no one will play forever? there will be new GM's some day if one or another quits. Present GM's like i said might do a little or big mistake. u never know the future.

5. I see your point here and we thank u for doing what u gotta do and keeping us hacker free. if there is no Wipe "which there probably won't be" then sometime in the future there will be more GM's. No one keeps the same job for the rest of their life so sooner or later there will be more GM's Which i already stated. On the other hand i do say i probably have little exp with being a GM, My server only lasted for about 1 months on hamachi.. But i hated it. I Rather play the game. It's so awesome of a game u kinda wanna take your time to level up to see who gets higher level faster then your friends. If u think about it, Being a GM don't really give u time to actually play the game and do party quests and shit. Second characters never work because u never have time and when u do it's boring as hell cause you would rather teleport and pwn shit but u can't lol

Anyways. I'm glad that this whole convo is all for something that won't be out for another month lmfao
I'd laugh it cory just quit on everything LMFAOO

Pweez don't do that cory
Back to top Go down
Ladon
Horntail
Horntail
Ladon

Character : Ladon
Guild : AKTL

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 2:36 am

1. Oh hell no bitches don't be quoting me
2.All of you except bby Blazz suck.

Okay so, as the self proclaimed lord of MMS my opinion should be pretty valid in here. Don't take that quote to far out of context, that was like Season 1 MMS where me leading flame wars on Yummeh for being a dick to my friends was the norm. Our GM team was once good, I have a few questions on the staff though like seriously, where do you pick these people Cory? Draw out of a Hat? Not to mention last season half of them didn't do anything at all. Blazz hacking to 200 in less then a day? Oh good thing no one was around to see, lol how sad. This place was going downhill fast and it was pretty much thanks to our oh so godly GM team.
Back to top Go down
christofer
GM
GM
christofer

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Ladon wrote:

Okay so, as the self proclaimed lord of MMS my opinion should be pretty valid in here. Don't take that quote to far out of context, that was like Season 1 MMS where me leading flame wars on Yummeh for being a dick to my friends was the norm. Our GM team was once good, I have a few questions on the staff though like seriously, where do you pick these people Cory? Draw out of a Hat? Not to mention last season half of them didn't do anything at all. Blazz hacking to 200 in less then a day? Oh good thing no one was around to see, lol how sad. This place was going downhill fast and it was pretty much thanks to our oh so godly GM team.

that was after me and element left. if you have a problem with hackers, why don't you take up with cory the brilliant "no IP ban rule" which lead to me leaving.
Back to top Go down
Ladon
Horntail
Horntail
Ladon

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:57 pm

christofer wrote:
Ladon wrote:

that was after me and element left. if you have a problem with hackers, why don't you take up with cory the brilliant "no IP ban rule" which lead to me leaving.

I actually did take it up with Cory, both me and Brass did we talked for like an hour at like 4am which just resulted in me getting shitfaced afterwards. I'm sorry but I didn't see Element do much except use his GM powers to level some scrub NL to 200 and try and be cool. Only GM I've seen do things was Chris, game wasn't open long enough for my waifu to do much, but I'm not gonna be a brass nutsucker or whatever, I talked about the GM team then, which apparently you weren't part of so don't take offence to what I say, the GM team near the end was just a bunch of people who hanged out with their buttbuddies in Henesys trying on the latest qt nx.
Back to top Go down
christofer
GM
GM
christofer

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Who else were the GMs besides element and brass? was it atsuk0?

I know that Element was preoccupied with RL problems, that's why he didn't do a lot towards the end. Not to say he wasn't doing anything. You guys don't realize that just because we aren't out of hide and actively announcing whatever we get done, we're still doing it. Element leveled up his NL to 200 because he said that Jason was hacking (but he couldn't prove it) and he didn't want him to get the level 200 NPC. While I wasn't consulted about that decision, and I'm on the fence about if I agree with it or not, I can see why he did it.

Yeah, the "no IP ban" shit is ridiculous. I banned that DisSin60 faggot for hacking (ev0lutionboy) that tried to flame me before I deleted his posts, and I couldn't keep him banned. What a douche.
Back to top Go down
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
Piie

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:13 pm

I was a GM too Chris /:
You forgot about me! Well I was a GM before, until I got to be an EM instead...
Back to top Go down
christofer
GM
GM
christofer

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Let me just make a suggestion: me, element, piie, brass (if he still wants to)

I can handle all the SERIOUS BUSINESS element can relate to the elusive BLACK PEOPLE, piie can be our female representative and brass has fanboy appeal, can't go wrong
Back to top Go down
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
Piie

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:27 pm

I honestly think that if that was the GM team. I think we would be like godly.
But yet, People are gonna still be whining and shit.
Back to top Go down
Ladon
Horntail
Horntail
Ladon

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:03 am

I have some comments on that GM team, but I'm gonna try to not be mean.
Back to top Go down
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
Piie

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:18 am

It's a GM deabte. So you might as well tell us.
Doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Ladon
Horntail
Horntail
Ladon

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:24 am

Okay first off I'm gonna say, Element? lolno Sorry he's just.....a bad person in general. Hacking to take a 200npc so someone can't? Umm you're a GM ban the fucker. Also, I mean NO offence to you Piie like really I haven't been wanting to post this because I felt so rude, but I don't really think you're uh GM material...
Back to top Go down
Piie
Pink Been
Pink Been
Piie

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:45 am

I sorta agree with you. But, I still did the things GM's were suppose to do.
Am I Right?
Back to top Go down
Gypsyleeboy
SUPER FAGGOT
SUPER FAGGOT
Gypsyleeboy

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:48 am

Ladon wrote:
Okay first off I'm gonna say, Element? lolno Sorry he's just.....a bad person in general. Hacking to take a 200npc so someone can't? Umm you're a GM ban the fucker. Also, I mean NO offence to you Piie like really I haven't been wanting to post this because I felt so rude, but I don't really think you're uh GM material...

Awee come on.. That's not so cool. I'm sure all GM's will follow the rules. If there may be a mistake then they can be forgiven. Unless It's abuseing powers or level/item giving users
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GM Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Debate   GM Debate - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GM Debate
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MeowMS :: Archive :: Archives :: Archive-
Jump to: