MeowMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MeowMS

Holy shit.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Special treat for anyone still lurking here four years after this server died. I un-hid all of the old posts and such for nostalgia purposes. Have fun.

New RB system

Go down 
+2
Atsuko
Irbis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Irbis
Zakum
Zakum
Irbis

Character : n/a

New RB system Empty
PostSubject: New RB system   New RB system EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:51 am

Sorry, i know i know. we are right after patch, you guys are tired, especialy Cory should be tired. I am not ordering you to do this or that. I am just writing my idea which is a result fo 2 years on servers here. an idea that lurked my brain for a long time now and which i seen in use only once. if you dont like it now - just relax, leave it be, and come back to this topic and read it again after a while. this change is very simple in core, will be disliked obviously by all that high RB players.

So what is it? first lemme describe the old as RB system itself problem. with high rates server getting to 200 lvl or even 250 lvl is not such a big deal. the thing is - ppl treats RB like lvl up at gms. you dont even notice if you lvl up those days. ppl are obssed with RBs like GMS players are obssesed with Lvl ups. so they bash that poor zakum all day long, constantly, they try all jobs and soon - they are bored. and quite. this is not a flaw of MeowMS. its a common flaw of all and every server with RB system letting you keep ALL ap gained in previous RB(s). and why its boring? cuz theres ni real gain. till you max one stat BM/gunslinger/NL is the only real choice but they use just one stat that buff dmg. DEX for BM and GS, LUK for NL. after that only warriors and buccaners class have any noticeble progress as they use two stats to define their dmg (but its rather small as DEX being the second stat give a very small dmg bonus). after that you are left with Shadower which is the only job/clas that uses 3 stats (STR,DEX and LUK). and after that... youre done. the one thing you can do at this point is farm meso like crazy to just scroll youre gear to be even more godly. and as being a maniac scroller i do enjoys it but the choice is rather poor. and the fun factor disapeares even faster as we have buffed AP gain thx to many RBs. so, 2-4weeks and you are basicly stuck afking in henesys.

so whats my proposal?
it has 2 parts and each of them can be disscused seperatly from other.
first is that after RB you loss:
a) all youre gained AP, but you keep the ap gain bonus
b) all skils on youre KB
c) both a and b at once.

now youre gone go like "omg i want my hs! how i will kill zakum in 8seconds now without shadow partner? omg i want my combo back!". lemme remind you, you ARE godly already. one high RBed player at server with RBsystem is more powerfull then a couple of zakum squads. zakum being a challange and a inredibile achivment if killed for GMS players is just "another killed zakum" for you. we kill zakum like noobs at GMS kills slimes and snails - in thusands if not hundreds of thusands. even our so called best player Sky isnt so unique as most of us needs just couple of weeks to catch up with him. and then the only diffrence betwen him and the rest will comes from scrolled items aka who has most godly of them. and even so - the diffrence in efficiency will still be small.

if the stats would be reset after each RB ppl would maybe party more offten, would play for longer, would find the game more interesting cuz being so godly as a standard is just like playing a game with cheats. its cool but just for a while.

This would also put many forgoten items and weapons back to use as people wouldnt be godly enough to jump from 10lvl to 160 in matters of minutes. at this point level up is just a graphic spam.

i am aware that some body will say "stop whining" - sorry, i am not whining. i am telling you how to keep ppl playing for longer then couple of weeks. our players flow is not that powerfull enough to backup leaving players with new ones. with this, killing/soloing a zakum will be again a achivment, zakum helmets will be gather again and grants respect.

and to make some things clear - i got 26rbs myself. yet , i am readdy to LOSS all my aps for greater good in this case.

about KB skills reste i have bipolar feelings. i really would like to see classes and jobs having their roles back rather then all of us being "jack-of-all-trades". but then again - as the RBs gaining would get slowed maybe it isnt such a big deal.
but still reseting AP i feel as being crucial. i dont know a good medicine that tastes well and so is with this one. trust me. it will pays back in time.

as for AP progress after RB...
well, current bonus can be buffed a bit (but just a BIT).
oooooor
you can gick out AP bonus totaly and replace it with 100 bonus AP for each RB.
so a person with 1 rb would start with 100 bonus AP. 2 rbs 200bonus ap - and so on. its still quite rewarding if you stop thinking about "millions damage" for a second.

when-ever i suggested this idea the whiners bashed it instantly and DEVs being more or less players dependant didnt add this choice. or they just didnt had the guts.
here situation is diffrent. both you Cory and you Ele are quite independant of mind and also the players base is rather smaller but more mature. so i hope you will notice the benefits of this solution.
and lemme remind you - its isnt that much of a deal to code this, yet - i dont expect to see this change added in matter of day. bah, i dont expect this change to be aded at all! its totaly up to you. i just can keep hoping for not being flamed to hard...
this is just my imput based on knowledge and own expirience gained at countless numbers of servers ive used to play. i am just sharing. take it or leave it - the only thing i can do is suggest.

sorry for the wall of text. belive it or not- i am used to write very long posts and mails. i prefer that above posting 40 times with 1-2 sentences each. also i belive i covered all aspects of this suggestion to asnwear any eventual questions. but still - feel free to give me them if something sounds unclear. i will be glad to answear and clarify them.
and i will be honest - bashing it without saying why or just cuz you can will make feel a bit sad/disapointed as i grown very attached to MeowMS(which considering my on how many servers ive been till now is quite suprising) and i kind a trust youre mind and ability of judging.
so yeah, best wishes.
back to downlaoding patch =) i simply cant wait for it to finish^^

OFF TOPIC
Quote :
We have 666 registered users
damn, we're evil >=3
Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Pink Been
Pink Been
Atsuko

New RB system Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RB system   New RB system EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 6:28 am

Last i heard the patch freezes through the map.wz so it isnt actually posible to patch yet.

Wouldnt doing this mean all characters would start again?
If you say yes then some players might not want to, they worked hard to get where they were.
If you say no then what is the point in all this achieving thing? If you;ve already achieved it but in an easier RB system.
Im not trying to kill this whole post, im simply trying to get to the point of what will happen to the players.
Not everyone is as willing as you are.
Back to top Go down
Irbis
Zakum
Zakum
Irbis

New RB system Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RB system   New RB system EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 6:43 am

Atsuko wrote:
Last i heard the patch freezes through the map.wz so it isnt actually posible to patch yet.
umm, well. idk O.o i gone thru map.wz smothly. finishing mob/wz as we speak.

Quote :
If you say yes then some players might not want to, they worked hard to get where they were.
If you say no then what is the point in all this achieving thing? If you;ve already achieved it but in an easier RB system.
Im not trying to kill this whole post, im simply trying to get to the point of what will happen to the players.
yup. as you noticed switching RB systems should affects everyone. but honestly - i dont care if somebody would want to keep their AP. if they enjoy it - its their problem. they will hit all caps with all stats and quit anyway. and their work wasnt such a big deal. being 26rbs i have maxed both str and dex and still i have like 6-7k luk and 2k of int. this took me like 2weeks, as i havent trained much in first week at all, and even when training after 1st week i was mostly afking or talking with buddies rather then camping at zak. so it isnt really a "hard work". and not everyone is who? currently maybe 30 players plays regularly, and even them will soon hit the cap and get bored and leave(not all of them by majority. if you want to grow into something more then "sandbox" server you need to change RB system. i can hit up to 80mil dmg as a buccaner constantly ohko-ing first 2 zak bodies and 2hit ko last one. the only challange i have left is HT but even him takes me couple of minutes and also just becuz of dispeling/seducing. it was cool for the very first day. now its just show off.
also i would like to add that its the last moment when this change can be done - we are still small and comunity is small. not many people will complain. this wouldnt be so simple with 100 players on line constantly playing. and we aim at getting something like this right?

and i ned to remind again - this will benefits us all and the server but it will also hurst ME. yup, i will lost all that aps. yet i am reddy to sacrifice that for general profit for the server. i dont suggest this for myself. i can only be harmed by this change. yet i see this unavoidable if we want to improve.
and well... you cant plsea everyone at once and at the same time. some ppl will rant and whine, some other will see the value of this change. i belive that only the selfish, sponfedding and lazy players will stand against this one.
(harsh? could be, but thats the truth)
its the last moment when this can be changed. or perhaps we want to end up like SydneyMS with their MaxStatItems doing 400mil with dragon roar...? (no i havent made that up - this is how SydneyMS works/worked)

oh and new players will not be affected as thei will not remember/know how it used to be.
you cant have the feeling of loss - if you got no memory of it Cool
Back to top Go down
Mack
Noob
Noob
Mack

New RB system Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RB system   New RB system EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 pm

You could have it so like.... After soo many RB's you'ed get to keep you're skillz....
Back to top Go down
Irbis
Zakum
Zakum
Irbis

New RB system Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RB system   New RB system EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:34 pm

everything that gives some sense of achivment and goals but is NOT served on silver plate i rate as good solution. spoonfeding is cool as i said- but for a very short time.
Back to top Go down
101z0rz
Pink Been
Pink Been

Character : jeezor

New RB system Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RB system   New RB system EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:16 am

I hope this wont happen =/
instead you should get like 1% lower exp rate every rb
Back to top Go down
http://74.125.77.104/
Atsuko
Pink Been
Pink Been
Atsuko

New RB system Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RB system   New RB system EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 am

Irbis wrote:
Atsuko wrote:
umm, well. idk O.o i gone thru map.wz smothly. finishing mob/wz as we speak.

Quote :
yup. as you noticed switching RB systems should affects everyone. but honestly - i dont care if somebody would want to keep their AP. if they enjoy it - its their problem. they will hit all caps with all stats and quit anyway. and their work wasnt such a big deal. being 26rbs i have maxed both str and dex and still i have like 6-7k luk and 2k of int. this took me like 2weeks, as i havent trained much in first week at all, and even when training after 1st week i was mostly afking or talking with buddies rather then camping at zak. so it isnt really a "hard work". and not everyone is who? currently maybe 30 players plays regularly, and even them will soon hit the cap and get bored and leave(not all of them by majority. if you want to grow into something more then "sandbox" server you need to change RB system. i can hit up to 80mil dmg as a buccaner constantly ohko-ing first 2 zak bodies and 2hit ko last one. the only challange i have left is HT but even him takes me couple of minutes and also just becuz of dispeling/seducing. it was cool for the very first day. now its just show off.
also i would like to add that its the last moment when this change can be done - we are still small and comunity is small. not many people will complain. this wouldnt be so simple with 100 players on line constantly playing. and we aim at getting something like this right?

and i ned to remind again - this will benefits us all and the server but it will also hurst ME. yup, i will lost all that aps. yet i am reddy to sacrifice that for general profit for the server. i dont suggest this for myself. i can only be harmed by this change. yet i see this unavoidable if we want to improve.
and well... you cant plsea everyone at once and at the same time. some ppl will rant and whine, some other will see the value of this change. i belive that only the selfish, sponfedding and lazy players will stand against this one.
(harsh? could be, but thats the truth)
its the last moment when this can be changed. or perhaps we want to end up like SydneyMS with their MaxStatItems doing 400mil with dragon roar...? (no i havent made that up - this is how SydneyMS works/worked)

oh and new players will not be affected as thei will not remember/know how it used to be.
you cant have the feeling of loss - if you got no memory of it Cool

It doesnt matter if you care or not, its for the weel being of all characters wether you specifically are giving something up doesnt mean everyone else has to just because your willing to.
We havent considered a new RB system just yet we are busy coming up with custom quests and stuff.
Back to top Go down
shatteredfox
Noob
Noob

New RB system Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RB system   New RB system EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 12:16 pm

to add to Irbis as a suggestion, it doesn't have to be done immediately(or ever for that matter.)

but meh, my 2 cents.

What if the new rebirth system gave something back in advance? Because people are not going to really be willing to rebirth just to lose everything. Fix this by working in a pride system(made up term on the spot lol.)

As in

Rebirth cons:
*Lose all AP
*Lose all skills
*Harder to level(you get 1/10 exp for every rebirth.)

Rebirth Pros:
*You get a special medal or different color name, etc...
*You get new buffs or skills(whenever this becomes possible.)
*Armor or weapons that require certain amount of rebirths.
*You gain slightly more AP than normal(1 more AP per level. 1 more AP for every rebirth.)

like I said, these ideas can be moved around and changed but something similar to that, and I also agree it will help the server in a whole.
(EDIT: I actually realized my so called "Pride" system is kind of similar to FlyFF rebirth and Call of Duty whatever system ;_;. . .Maybe that's where I got it. lol)
==================
On other note, Custom quest and stuff sounds equally as fun. (Jump Quest Fanatic. . .)
Back to top Go down
AntiNexon2
Player
Player

New RB system Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RB system   New RB system EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:18 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New RB system Empty
PostSubject: Re: New RB system   New RB system Empty