MeowMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MeowMS

Holy shit.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Special treat for anyone still lurking here four years after this server died. I un-hid all of the old posts and such for nostalgia purposes. Have fun.

Cory, Ele, please have a look.

Go down 
+2
Ali
Irbis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Irbis
Zakum
Zakum
Irbis

Character : n/a

Cory, Ele, please have a look. Empty
PostSubject: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:34 pm

i need couple of things.
first: banner. without baner you are no one. best would it be to be animated gif, with some funky animation and effects, and short server info. i will add that to any and every sig i have on any forum with link. also all toplists needs that. people ignore servers without banner thinking its undeveloped and sucky.

then i need you to tell me on what toplists are we. try this for example http://www.jagtoplist.com/
http://www.ultimatetop200.com/maple-story.html
http://www.gtop100.com/maplestory
http://maple-story.megatop200.com/

when we apeare there. ill try to get you like 100 votes. plus ofcoure vote yourself. as for now i dont see anything wrong with cheating the system a bit. its for greater good. later the dudes will vote by themself. till then its needed for advertising purpose.

another thing - please try and finish the patch as soon as posible, its like a joker card in this play. the features inside the patch are unique and powerfull enough to get ppls attention.
please also try to grant an estimated time when it will be finished. i know that its kind a hard and depresing to work on something when you see 3ppl on line, i know that. screw that please for a bit. you can be depressed after. i need that patch. theres always time for tears. the battle has not yet ended.

EDIT:
oh and start talking! spam the hell out of this forum. w/e the server features if ppl see the comunity is hald dead bunch of zombies they will not try it. so give everyone who join a simple "welcome" even. half for them, and halfy to encourage people to write.

thats all for now.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Player
Player
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:41 pm

and organize the forum better...it's a pretty mess right now. Sad

I would love to help you guys out by hosting your forum for you on my webhost, if you would allow me to help you make it better of course.
Back to top Go down
http://alispeaksgeek.com
Irbis
Zakum
Zakum
Irbis

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:44 pm

what Ali said. we are here to help! cut out that depression bullshit. theres always time for that. and more help is on its way.
(Ali i am draging Quart here).
and bear in mind - iam not a admin/gm/donkykong wanna be. i DONT want anything in exchange for that. but i will not let this server gone up wasted! just fucking NO.
it costed me LOADS to find this jewel and no freaking way i will give it back!
Back to top Go down
Ali
Player
Player
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:50 pm

I hope you can get Brian here xD I looves him ever so dearly. <333

and yes! I'm not looking for glory or anything like that. I have help to offer...and not useless help. I'm well-versed in HTML/CSS and working with forums. I have GMing experience and would love to help out there if you need it, but I don't expect it....at least not in this early stage in my presence here. I also have a huge webhost with lots of space and bandwidth that is going to waste right now...you should soooo let me help out with the forums. I promise you wouldn't regret it.

This place has impressed me with it's custom features xD

Lemmmmme help!
Back to top Go down
Element
Horntail
Horntail

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:55 pm

Ali wrote:

and yes! I'm not looking for glory or anything like that. I have help to offer...and not useless help. I'm well-versed in HTML/CSS and working with forums. I have GMing experience and would love to help out there if you need it, but I don't expect it....at least not in this early stage in my presence here. I also have a huge webhost with lots of space and bandwidth that is going to waste right now...you should soooo let me help out with the forums. I promise you wouldn't regret it.

Lemmmmme help!

Perhaps and example would suffice? Just to see what we would be switching towards?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Player
Player
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:57 pm

Element wrote:
Ali wrote:

Lemmmmme help!

Perhaps and example would suffice? Just to see what we would be switching towards?

Well, you tell me what you want it to look like....and I'll go looking for skins.
Back to top Go down
Element
Horntail
Horntail

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Ali wrote:
Element wrote:
Ali wrote:

Lemmmmme help!

Well, you tell me what you want it to look like....and I'll go looking for skins.

Nothing drastic, nothing insane. Try to keep it eye catching but not eyeballing. It's hard to give suggestions. I'll tell you what. You make something, a template ETC. and we'll critique it.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Player
Player
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:32 pm

I found a couple I like. They would be edited slightly of course to make them MeowMS-y:

I would change the header and background on this one: (the background would be dark...but the part you read would be lighter...which I recommend.)
http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/xandblue

Add a header to this one: (a dark theme)
http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/blackbox_blue
Back to top Go down
Element
Horntail
Horntail

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Ali wrote:
I found a couple I like. They would be edited slightly of course to make them MeowMS-y:

I would change the header and background on this one: (the background would be dark...but the part you read would be lighter...which I recommend.)
http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/xandblue

Add a header to this one: (a dark theme)
http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/blackbox_blue

Those look good! I'll let Cory know, and make sure he takes a look.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Horntail
Horntail
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:20 am

Id suggest changing the type of forum you are running. Novaboards is a new software and it looks really good. IPB and vB is another good option. I have (what I believe to be) working IPB 2.0.x files. Haven't been able to test them yet though and if he/she can really host you then I would definitely change up the kind of forum you are running.

1. It needs to get more organized.
2. Choose a different forum software (IPB 2.0.x is my personal choice)
3. I will find you some really good skins for IPB if you choose it

I can also help a great deal since I have had a lot of experience with the IPB software. I can also do graphics so if you need something let me know. I am just a bit picky about what I make >_>
Back to top Go down
Ali
Player
Player
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:25 am

Scott wrote:
Id suggest changing the type of forum you are running. Novaboards is a new software and it looks really good. IPB and vB is another good option. I have (what I believe to be) working IPB 2.0.x files. Haven't been able to test them yet though and if he/she can really host you then I would definitely change up the kind of forum you are running.

1. It needs to get more organized.
2. Choose a different forum software (IPB 2.0.x is my personal choice)
3. I will find you some really good skins for IPB if you choose it

I can also help a great deal since I have had a lot of experience with the IPB software. I can also do graphics so if you need something let me know. I am just a bit picky about what I make >_>

I've never even heard of Novaboards, and I just did a quick google search with no viable results on page 1...meaning it can't be that great.

I would prefer not to use an unregistered version of IPB. I realllly like all the features included in IPB, but I personally will not host an illegal version of IPB on my webhost.

PHPbb3 is a nice, robust forum software...which can be expanded with mods and such. PHPBB is not "old" software as you imply...the newest release was less than 4 months ago. It is a highly active community and THE most popular free forum software out there. Because of this there are literally hundreds (maybe even thousands) of skins and mods.

If someone wants to flip the bill for the legit version of IPB though, we can use that instead.

Also, Scott please add me to IM. I'd like to be able to contact you easily in future for graphics help.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Horntail
Horntail
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:41 am

http://www.novaboard.net/

Its a very new software but it has a nice look and it seems to be pretty simple. I have not used phpbb in a long while and I know what it has to offer. If you can find a nice skin it can look pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
TinTinDuffy
Noob
Noob
TinTinDuffy

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:59 am

If you guys do need some graphic works pls do let me know. I'll try to chip in a little. I'm in designing line so i might be able to help a little. Some of my works are at www.substance.sg
Back to top Go down
Irbis
Zakum
Zakum
Irbis

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 4:50 am

love you all guys =D and Tion be nice to Ali >=O and you will fall in love with her =)
Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Pink Been
Pink Been
Atsuko

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:15 pm

I know its hardly attractive and far from perfect, but heres an idea for a banner.
Back to top Go down
Irbis
Zakum
Zakum
Irbis

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:35 pm

wow Atsu Very Happy this is great! yet we need to put something in betwen "keep watching.." and rates. but i love it so far =D some flashes of new features and shinny stuff would do inbetwen
thank you for youre input Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Pink Been
Pink Been
Atsuko

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:37 pm

Your more than welcome, if nobody else wants to make the banner i'll try and make one with extra features and stuff. However by adding more it will get a bit too long for a banner, and end up like a video :/
Back to top Go down
Irbis
Zakum
Zakum
Irbis

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 2:02 pm

Atsuko wrote:
Your more than welcome, if nobody else wants to make the banner i'll try and make one with extra features and stuff. However by adding more it will get a bit too long for a banner, and end up like a video :/

dont worry =) and dont be so shy Very Happy as far you are number one in this banner making. i would like to request two versions. in resolution. this banner is great for forums yet can be to big for some other places. would it be possible to cut his width a bit? and i think its about time to change this above into something new a fresh. for both forums and website. Atsu banner would fit perfectly.
(sidenote - thx Atsu for that PS hint <3 ... damn i am so stupid >_> )
Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Pink Been
Pink Been
Atsuko

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 pm

I'll edit size if needed, and if cory wants to use it im willing to change it (:
Back to top Go down
Irbis
Zakum
Zakum
Irbis

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 5:15 pm

btw. i see we got like 4k+ registrated users. maybe write something like
"MeowMS miss you [insert name here]!!" and then send->all.
i dont play Perfect World from like a year and half and i still getting mails from them saying they miss me lol. i belive many players/accounts forgoten about MeowMS. maybe we could refreshtheir memories...?
in time when so many servers were closed down or gone underground MeowMS can be very promising.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Player
Player
Ali

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:44 pm

If we are going to do this forum transfer, I need to know so I can start working on it.

Also, you will need to purchase a domain name as I'm sure you don't want your forum's address to be:

http://meowms.alispeaksgeek.com

I'd recommend 1and1.com.

I can purchase the domain on your behalf and set it up to work with my webhosting. I would prefer this so I can work on it without having to wait on someone else to do what needs to be done to make it work. I would donate a domain, but right now, I truly do not have the extra money to spare.

Let me know what you would like to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cory, Ele, please have a look.   Cory, Ele, please have a look. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cory, Ele, please have a look.
Page 1 of 1